RE: DHCP vs. RA... again.

Ralph Droms wrote:
> We can certainly argue about whether RAs are fundamentally more
> problematic than DHCP and whether what we need to do is fix ND or
> extend DHCP; what I am reporting is what these operators have told me
> based on hands-on experience with deployed networks.

Other deployed networks have hands-on experience showing RA is cheaper for
them to operate, and the Chicago network was a showcase for the operational
realities that people experience every day. I am arguing there are cases for
both deployment models, so we should not be wasting energy debating between
them, we just need to fix them both so we don't hang in this bizarre state
where both are required because neither are sufficient as-is.

If the IESG is going to insist that there has to be a one-size-fits-all
answer, they all need to be shot during this nomcom round.

Tony