Re: Handling rogue RA feedback

> > 	- KAME rafixd: shoot down rogue RAs by announcing against those rogue
> > 	  RAs with 0 prefix/router lifetime
> > 	  PROS: easy to deploy, maybe we should ship it with *BSD
> > 	  CONS: need to take down the source of rogue RA anyways
>
> I like this one, but isn't the 2 hour rule a problem here? If the stored
> lifetime is more than 2 hours and the received is less...

	i was not clear enough.

	KAME rafixd erases rogue router from the default router list on
	nodes that are on the same, by transmitting fake RA with router
	lifetime of 0.

	specwise, 2 hour rule is about prefix lifetime, not router lifetime.
	so there's no issue with 2 hour rule router lifetime.

	wrt on-link determination, i'd better summon jinmei :-)

itojun
# ipv6samurais.com: saving the world with code and sword