Re: Handling rogue RA feedback

At Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:23:24 +0200,
Stig Venaas <stig.venaas@uninett.no> wrote:

> > 	- KAME rafixd: shoot down rogue RAs by announcing against those rogue
> > 	  RAs with 0 prefix/router lifetime
> > 	  PROS: easy to deploy, maybe we should ship it with *BSD
> > 	  CONS: need to take down the source of rogue RA anyways
>
> I like this one, but isn't the 2 hour rule a problem here? If the stored
> lifetime is more than 2 hours and the received is less...

It should not matter much in practice because the address will still
become deprecated (preferred lifetime becomes 0) immediately and it
will be less preferred as the source address of subsequent (new)
communication (as long as the node has another valid global IPv6
address and follows the default address selection rules defined in
RFC3484).

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.