Re: 6to4 and 'campus' networks

Le dimanche 19 août 2007, Brian E Carpenter a écrit :
> No disagreement with Rémi, but we should understand that this
> refers to the "host 6to4" heresy, and is not how 6to4 is defined in
> RFC 3056. The model in that spec is that it is the campus border
> router that implements 6to4 and issues appropriate RAs within
> the campus. It would be interesting to hear about implementations
> of RFC 3056.

I would not call that « "host 6to4" heresy » though.

These automagical RFC3056 implementations (at least Windows XP and
Vista) actually do behave as full 6to4 border gateways. So
real "router", not simple "host" -- That's where the whole "rogue RAs"
thread that I unintendedly sparked in Prague comes from.

And if I'm not mistaken, this behavior is part of the "share my Internet
connection with other computers" option somewhere in Windows.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/