Re: IPv6<->IPv4 address translation is not NAT?

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Well, isn't the goal to allow entities in a smaller address
space to access entities in a larger address space? I think
that necessarily requires sharing (or multiplexing if you
prefer).

What is going on appears to be the "type" of translation.

Yes, I agree with the distinction you make below - it just
isn't quite what I was writing about.

I had misunderstood what you were referring to with "sharing". I agree with "sharing" in the context you've described.

  Geoff