Retrieving threads across folders

Here's what I need, and I'm hoping Wanderlust can provide:

When I get a new message in a thread, I'd like to be able to quickly see the rest of the thread (as long as I have the messages somewhere), even if I'm looking at the summary of a folder that holds only a subset of the thread.

On a gmail account, for example, that would mean archived messages in a thread become quickly accessible whenever a new message in that thread comes in.

Other IMAP accounts I use store the entire history of messages I've received in a separate folder, so I can read them even after they've been deleted from my INBOX.

Is there any way to do that, or is implementing it a practical idea?

Thanks in advance,

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing