sending attachments

Hi all,

It sometimes happens to me that while I am drafting an email including an attachment, wl tries to save it to my imap server (I guess this happens when it checks for incoming mail). This is fine if the attachment is reasonably small but for larger attachments that sometimes takes forever, which is annoying as it stalls emacs completely. The only way to get out of this is to kill openssl from the shell. Sometimes I go into offline mode prior to drafting the mail, which helps as I can afterward tell wl not to apply pending operations but most of the time I forget to do that. Is there a way to tell wl not to save drafts to the server while still drafting but only after they were sent?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian