Re: WL Development

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:32:02 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> I wonder if somebody could explain to me how WL development works,
> e.g.:
>
> * Who works on it?
> * Who is the project leader, if any?
> * What areas of responsibility are covered by others?
> * How do releases get made?
> * Where does the development community "hang out?"
>
> I'm sure there are other questions in this general area that I'm
> forgetting to ask.

AFAIK, there's no active development community anymore. I subscribed
for the list 1+ year ago, and see only sporadic attempts of few people
to solve they own problems (most of them are common, however). I
solved my problems, at least, the most annoying, but don't have
willpower to push changes to cvs. Not to tell, some of "solutions"
were reinvention of wheel due to lack of good documentation ;)

This situation is very unfortunate, because Wanderlust seems to be the
best IMAP client, not only in Emacs world. However, I was surprised by
huge amount of traffic in the mail list when got back from vacation :)
--
wbr, Vitaly