Re: Fixed highlighting in draft mode

At Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:27:32 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> Hi Vitaly,
>
> Test report and a few questions.
>
> With just your hack, I can reliably hang emacs as follows:

Also noticed Emacs strangeness, mine just segfaults.

> 1. enter a Summary buffer
> 2. on a message, hit RET
> 3. `w' to start writing a new message
> 4. Fill out the To: and Subject: fields
> 5. `C-c C-c'
> 6. Back in the Summary buffer, hit `D'
>
> The reasons are completely mysterious to me.

Yes, for me too. But I still prefer to see highlighting on any buffer
change, not only limited to specific key press(es).

> I can get rid of the hang by un-hooking draft-mode both in the send
> hook *and* in wl-draft-generate-clone-buffer as follows:

Will return to it a bit later, I have no time right now.

> Questions:
>
> 1. Why are two calls to wl-highlight-message needed?  Removing one
>    does indeed break highlighting again, but it's a mystery to me.  It
>    seems like the first call, with `body-only' set to `nil', should be
>    enough.

It does not highlight headers.

> 2. Is there a good reason to use re-search-forward/backward instead of
>    beginning/end-of-line?

Not really. Since there's goto-char, it can be
beginning/end-of-line. In fact, it was only dumb proof-of-concept.

--
wbr, Vitaly