Re: reproducable hang with non-ascii characters in Wanderlust draft

At Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:02:16 +0100,
Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> At Sun, 07 Feb 2010 11:54:59 +0100, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
>
> > > I have only mel-b-ccl-module disabled, btw.
> >
> > OK. Do you use (setq-default mime-transfer-level 8)?
>
> Yes.

Hmm, at least your messages to the list are 7bit (QP).

> > If not, can you try to run 'wl-summary-reply-with-citation' on the
> > original poster's message? Emacs freezes on the first wl-save-draft.
> > The same happens when you do what the original poster described in his
> > bug report (adding about 50 lines of non-ascii chars).
>
> (setq wl-auto-save-drafts-interval nil) should help, while the problem
> is not fixed in a proper way.

Then the freeze happens when you send the message. :-)

So quoted-printable should be disabled in Wanderlust.
Other MUA's (e.g. sylpheed) uses 8bit for UTF-8 messages by default.

Thanks.

-Herbert