Re: reproducable hang with non-ascii characters in Wanderlust draft

Hi.

> > I sent a bug report to mule-ja ML (*1) in Japanese.  Below patch for
> > mel-q-ccl.el would fix the problem. The patch also fixes emacs 23
> > multibyte problem and emacs 22 EOL problem (*2) and makes decoder not
> > to discard illegally encoded data.  But last change is not functional
> > on Emacs 23.1 because of Emacs 23.1's bug (not in trunk).
>
> I'm a bit lost. Is it work on Emacs 23, but is broken on 23.1?

Fixes work with Emacs 23.1.  'last change' means the change that makes
decoder not to discard illegally encoded data (as gmail's reader).
Only this feature doesn't work with Emacs 23.1.

> > > Before, someone suggested using
> > >    (mel-use-module 'mel-q '("quoted-printable" "Q"))
> > > however, that gives me an error instead:
> > > 	 insert: Args out of range: "0123456789ABCDEF", 262140
> > > and refuses to save.
> >
> > That is known problem.  Please see
> >
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general.japanese/6830
>
> Any chance to see this patch in CVS? If you don't have permissions, I
> can commit it for you.

I wrote another fix.  If we can assume code points of raw-byte
characters don't change in future (as patch for mel-q-ccl.el assumes so),
I think below patch is more simple than Yamaoka-san's fix.  But patch
is checked little and I don't know which is better.  I don't have
permissions and you can decide which changes you commit.

--
Kazuhiro Ito