Re: split an artificial thread

Hello,

On 5 March 2010 12:48, Kazuhiro Ito <kzhr@d1.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> It seems that, by default, wl puts all emails with a subject "Re: same
>> topic" in a single thread. This is artificial and makes recent mail to
>> be sorted next to old messages that occasionally happen to have the
>> same subject. Can this be modified still maintaining a threaded
>> display?
>
> How about M-w (wl-summary-save-current-message) and C-y
> (wl-summary-yank-saved-message)?

Thanks. I tried this in my inbox. Probably it would work if I had my
own original message in the inbox. Since I don't, I can only yank the
reply message on some arbitrary thread, which is not satisfactory.
Besides, this way I will still miss some mail that gets sorted in a
wrong thread.

Also, if I refile the reply message from another folder to inbox, it
always gets attached to the thread with the same topic. Refiling does
not take into account that all the references inside the reply message
are different from those in the messages already in the thread.

In case a new reply comes, it will get attached to the wrong thread.
My question is: Can threads be defined by internal references in
addition to (or instead of) the subject?

Best regards,
Vladimir