Re: split an artificial thread

Hi,

> > How about M-w (wl-summary-save-current-message) and C-y
> > (wl-summary-yank-saved-message)?
>
> Thanks. I tried this in my inbox. Probably it would work if I had my
> own original message in the inbox. Since I don't, I can only yank the
> reply message on some arbitrary thread, which is not satisfactory.

If you want to make a new thread with the message, M-w at the message
and C-y at the end of summary buffer (i.e. the last blank line).

> Besides, this way I will still miss some mail that gets sorted in a
> wrong thread.
>
> Also, if I refile the reply message from another folder to inbox, it
> always gets attached to the thread with the same topic. Refiling does
> not take into account that all the references inside the reply message
> are different from those in the messages already in the thread.

If you want to disable automatic attaching messages to thread by
subject, try

(setq wl-summary-search-parent-by-subject-regexp nil)

and resync summary if you need.

--
Kazuhiro Ito