Re: filter message display in 'summary'?

At Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:01:41 -0800,
Erik Hetzner wrote:
> Matt Price wrote:
> > when I used to use mutt, one of my favourite features was the 'limit'
> > command, whereby I could very quickly filter the messages displayed in a
> > folder summary. Is there a siilar command in wl -- in which you enter
> > a string, and wl checks quickly for that string in certain headers (in
> > mutt I think the default was sender, addressees, and subject)?  I
> > would love to be able to do something like that.
>
> Try:
>
>   V body foo
>
> To select only messages with body containing foo. You can use
> many header fields.
>
>   To leave selection: C-u V
>
> Note that the speed of the search can depend on the speed of your IMAP
> server.

Thank you both for your quick replies -- I guess I was thrown off by
the term 'virtual folder' in the definition of V.  Now I see how it
works

It is quite a bit slower than the similar operation used to be on mutt
when I used fetchmail.  would it be quite a bit quicker if I used
offlineIMAP or osmething similar?  I haven't looked into that yet.

oh, and very quickly -- are there keybindings to navigate to
particular headers in draft mode?  I was just trying to change the
subject header here & found it a bit awkward to scroll up manually.  I
think I remember post-mode and other relatively primitive emacs modes
having such bindings but I can no longer remember...

Thanks very much!

matt