Re: filter message display in 'summary'?

At Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:15:24 -0500,
Matt Price wrote:

> […]
>
> Thank you both for your quick replies -- I guess I was thrown off by
> the term 'virtual folder' in the definition of V.  Now I see how it
> works
>
> It is quite a bit slower than the similar operation used to be on mutt
> when I used fetchmail.  would it be quite a bit quicker if I used
> offlineIMAP or osmething similar?  I haven't looked into that yet.

Hi Matt -

Speed will largely depend, I believe, on your IMAP server, as WL will
use IMAP search commands. I use dovecot & I think search is
reasonable. Once my IMAP server is warmed up it takes a few seconds
to search 30k messages.

It is, admittedly, going to be a little slow because it is Emacs. :)

In my experience performance in WL is substantially better with IMAP
than it is with local Maildirs. So I would look at a better IMAP
server (if you can) before you look into offlineimap.

> oh, and very quickly -- are there keybindings to navigate to
> particular headers in draft mode?  I was just trying to change the
> subject header here & found it a bit awkward to scroll up manually.  I
> think I remember post-mode and other relatively primitive emacs modes
> having such bindings but I can no longer remember...
>
> Thanks very much!

M-x mail-{to, subject, ...}

best, Erik