Re: reading and writing html mail

At Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:29:59 -0400,
Matt Price wrote:
> ah, that is working (didn't have the insinuate line).  but I would
> *much* rather have links come up in firefox.  is there a way to
> customize either mime or w3m to make that happen?

I'm not sure but browse-url works to open them in an external browser
for me.

> > I've not used org mode for this, but I do have to send multipart
> > messages for work so I've sort of cheated and created a yasnippet
> > snippet to handle this. It's a pretty lame solution but it work well
> > enough for my needs.
> >
> would love to see the code if its puclic0-ready.  thanks much, dave,
> matt

I posted it here http://pastebin.com/S8m4E9SX because I wasn't sure
how to make wl ignore those regions. I have that in a file m inside my
yasnippet's snippet directory inside of a wl-draft-mode directory in a
file with the name I want to use for the snippet. In my case it's m so
that I can type m<TAB> and start typing the salutation which gets put
in to both the plain text and html sections. Tab moves me to the next
section, etc. I don't really need anything fancy, and this method sort
of assumes that you really just want to write a plain text email but
require html for certain things. You can add the html after composing
the message in plain text. In my case all I need is a signature so
this method is very primitive but it works well enough for my
needs. Someday I may get around to writing something to transform line
breaks into br tags in the html, but I've just been being lazy about
it and gritting emails as one big line.
Cheers,
Dave