Re: slow SMTP send blocks emacs

Richard Lewis wrote:
>One day, in the distant future, someone will make a decision about how
>Emacs lisp with have threading support added. And then all the
>thousands of package maintainers will gradually start altering their
>code to take advantage of this multi-threading capability.

>But until this happens, I guess our only solution is to use a mail
>sending technique which relies on an external process, rather than
>pure elisp. Not sure what's available on that front?

Something that might work out without use of an external application
would be a change in workflow utilizing WL's offline mode:

  - plug off Wanderlust before preparing the messages to be sent (M-t)

  - now Wanderlust is in offline mode: If you hit C-c C-c the messages
    is queued in `wl-queue-folder'

  - queue all messages

  - now either:

    - plug in again (M-t) and WL asks if it should flush the queue;
      say yes and go to lunch while wl is sending the messages

    - start another Emacs, fire up Wanderlust, let the second Emacs
      session send out the mail and do something else

HTH
 -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6