Re: slow SMTP send blocks emacs

At Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:50:36 -0400,
David Abrahams wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2010, at 2:52 PM, Richard Lewis
> <richardlewis@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > But until this happens, I guess our only solution is to use a mail
> > sending technique which relies on an external process, rather than
> > pure elisp. Not sure what's available on that front?
>
> http://techarcana.wordpress.com/2009/03/18/speedy-mail-sending-from-emacs/

yes, sending mail via postfix or other sendmail makes sense, but what
if you want to use different smtp servers for mail from different
accounts?  It's not that important to me but wl-en really seemed to
dislike it if the from: line and the smtp server didn't match
somehow (maybe i'm wrong about that; but I do know that I had a
bunch of messages bounce back before I stopped using gmail's smtp from
my university account.