Re: Bug: incorrect next message in Summary

At Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:22:58 +0200,
Sebastian Berndt wrote:

> Richard Lewis wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Every so often I notice this bug in wl:
> >
> > If I mark a message for disposal in the Summary buffer and the
> > following message is already marked for disposal, instead of selecting
> > the next unread message, the selection moves to the previous unmarked
> > (i.e. read) message.
> >
> > e.g.
> >
> >  | |2009-08-23 10:00 [ Joe Bloggs     ] Hi                 <=  3. gets selected
> > d| |2009-08-23 10:30 [ John Smith     ] Boring message     <=  2. just marked
> > d| |2009-08-23 11:00 [ A Spammer      ] Some span          <=  1. previously marked
> >  |N|2009-08-23 11:30 [ A Friend       ] You're great       <=  4. desire selected
> >
> > 1. A message was already marked for disposal.
> > 2. I mark a message above it for disposal.
> > 3. The Summary buffer then selects this message.
> > 4. I'd prefer that it selects this message.
> >
> > Does that make sense? And does anyone else get that problem?
> >
> Hi,
> i am also having this problem. It is quite annoying and i would be
> really glad if someone could offer a solution for it.

I have always assumed this was a feature, thought I don’t like it. It
seems to depend whether the last command was ‘n’ or ‘p’.

M-x describe-key reveals that there is a variable named
wl-summary-move-direction-toggle which determines if the last move up
or down should be remembered. Setting that to nil seems to disable
this feature.

best,
Erik