Re: Bug: incorrect next message in Summary

At Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:55:11 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> At Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:22:58 +0200,
> Sebastian Berndt wrote:
> >
> > Richard Lewis wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > Every so often I notice this bug in wl:
> > >
> > > If I mark a message for disposal in the Summary buffer and the
> > > following message is already marked for disposal, instead of selecting
> > > the next unread message, the selection moves to the previous unmarked
> > > (i.e. read) message.
> > >
> > > e.g.
> > >
> > >  | |2009-08-23 10:00 [ Joe Bloggs     ] Hi                 <=  3. gets selected
> > > d| |2009-08-23 10:30 [ John Smith     ] Boring message     <=  2. just marked
> > > d| |2009-08-23 11:00 [ A Spammer      ] Some span          <=  1. previously marked
> > >  |N|2009-08-23 11:30 [ A Friend       ] You're great       <=  4. desire selected
> > >
> > > 1. A message was already marked for disposal.
> > > 2. I mark a message above it for disposal.
> > > 3. The Summary buffer then selects this message.
> > > 4. I'd prefer that it selects this message.
> > >
> > > Does that make sense? And does anyone else get that problem?
> > >
> > Hi,
> > i am also having this problem. It is quite annoying and i would be
> > really glad if someone could offer a solution for it.
>
> I have always assumed this was a feature, thought I don’t like it. It
> seems to depend whether the last command was ‘n’ or ‘p’.
>
> M-x describe-key reveals that there is a variable named
> wl-summary-move-direction-toggle which determines if the last move up
> or down should be remembered. Setting that to nil seems to disable
> this feature.

Ah, this sounds quite promising. I've set the variable to nil, but I
can't replicate the problem at the moment (with that variable as t or
nil). I guess I'll have to wait and see if it works....

Thanks for the tip.
--
Richard Lewis