Re: mive preview entity & methods?

At Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:51:04 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> At Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:20:12 -0400,
> Matt Price wrote:
> >
> > hi folks,
> >
> > whew.  getting close to perfect with wl -- erik, havent' tried your
> > solution fo the multifolder yet, i'll do that shortly.  rightn ow
> > bogged down a little trying to view mime entities -- it seems I was a
> > little careless the first couple of times I tried typing 'e' a jpeg
> > in wanderlust; mime-preview-extract-current-entity asked me what
> > method to use & I just hit return.  Now whenever I try to view a jpeg
> > file someone has sent me i'm asked whether I want to save it, instead
> > of being given a choice of programs to open it with.  Does anyone know
> > where, by default, mime-view stores its file-type associations?  it'd
> > be nice to be able to edit them by hand.
>
> Hi Matt -
>
> I believe that you want `v` to view something, rather than `e` to
> extract.
>
> `C-u v` allows you to ignore the remembered settings, which seem to be
> stored in the file defined in mime-situation-examples-file, by default
> ~/.mime-example.
all of this is superhelpful, erik.  thanks.  also got multi-folder working today thanks to yoru suggestion!  that was excellent.  now I just need to figure out how to incorporateDavid M's work on html, and his org-mode patches for stripping out filter links, and i'll be pretty darn well set.  thanks a bunch,
matt