Re: mbox from wl?

At Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:13:57 -0400,
Matt Price wrote:

> is it possible for me to access my old mbox folders (from evolution)
> through wanderlust?  I'd rather not convert them to some other format,
> as I still occasionally use evo (mostly when I'm working hard & don't
> want emacs to hang checking or sending mail).
>
> anyway i've seen a couple of emails on the web suggesting mbox is
> supported
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg30139.html)
> but I don't see a syntax for it in the info pages.

Hi Matt -

mbox is not supported, & if I were you I would convert my mbox folders
to Maildir.

I do not advise doing the following.

Searching for elmo mbox we find that Yoichi NAKAYAMA has written the
following:

  http://yoichi.geiin.org/tmp/elmo-mbox.el-20040210

If we load that, we can define:

  (elmo-define-folder ?! 'mbox)

and then define folders in WL as follows:

  !file.mbox

That is an old library, so we need to remove some code which checks
for elmo-display-progress-threshold, but it seems to work.

No message deletion or modification, it seems.

Really, you ought to convert those mboxes!

(PS: I keep 2 emacs processes running, one for WL/org-mode & one for
work, so that I can keep working when WL takes over. No excuse to use
evolution!)

best,
Erik