Re: Remembering mime extract method?

Erik Hetzner wrote:
>Hi all -

>When I try to extract (`e`, mime-preview-extract-current-entity) a
>MIME attachment, e.g. a PDF, I am always presented with the option to
>use one of two methods: wl-mime-save-content or mime-save-content. I
>don’t really care which is used. How can I get WL/SEMI to not prompt
>me or remember my preference? Thanks.

Normally this is supposed to happend based on the file in
`mime-situation-examples-file' that points to ~/.mime-example.  A
brief description of the concept can be found in [1].

If WL/SEMI asks you on the method to chose it obviously fails to
determine a suitable method based on ~/.mime-example -- maybe you
could remove current ~/.mime-example and start new, always chosing one
of the possible methods when asked in the hope SEMI will recognize
your wish to use the method on certain attachments.

E.g., I remove my .mime-example, startet Emacs, opened a mail message
with an MS Word attachment and extracted it using
`wl-mime-save-content'.  After closing Emacs .mime-example was
written and looked like:

,----
| (setq mime-acting-situation-example-list
|       '((((type . application)
| 	  (subtype . octet-stream)
| 	  (mode . "extract")
| 	  (method . wl-mime-save-content)
| 	  (major-mode . wl-original-message-mode)
| 	  (disposition-type . attachment)
| 	  (encoding . "base64")
| 	  (filename . "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.doc")
| 	  ("name" . "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.doc"))
| 	 . 0)))
`----

Started Emacs again, chose a different MS Word attachment, pressed
"e", chose `wl-mime-save-content', left Emacs and .mime-example was:

,----
| (setq mime-acting-situation-example-list
|       '((((type . application)
| 	  (subtype . octet-stream)
| 	  (mode . "extract")
| 	  (method . wl-mime-save-content)
| 	  (major-mode . wl-original-message-mode)
| 	  (disposition-type . attachment)
| 	  (encoding . "base64"))
| 	 . 2)
| 	(((type . application)
| 	  (subtype . octet-stream)
| 	  (major-mode . wl-original-message-mode)
| 	  (disposition-type . attachment)
| 	  (encoding . "base64"))
| 	 . 1)
| 	(((type . application)
| 	  (subtype . octet-stream)
| 	  (mode . "extract")
| 	  (method . wl-mime-save-content)
| 	  (major-mode . wl-original-message-mode)
| 	  (disposition-type . attachment)
| 	  (encoding . "base64")
| 	  (filename . "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.doc")
| 	  ("name" . "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.doc"))
| 	 . 0)))
`----

And after this for all MS Word attachments that where attached as
application/octet-stream `wl-mime-save-content' was chosen as method;
so looks like SEMI generalized my two decisions on the MS Word
attachment.

HTH
 -- David

[1] Morioka, T, "Structure of User Interface Module for Practical
    Internet Messages", Advances in computing science-ASIAN '97 :
    Third Asian Computing Scien ce Conference, Kathmandu, Nepal,
    December 9-11, 1997 : proceedings, LNCS Vol.1345, pp.373--374,
    1997. (http://www.kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~tomo/elisp/SEMI/paper/mui-asian97.dvi)
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org