Re: Wanderlust beginner part 2

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:35:40 +0100, Simon Brown <simon@cliffestones.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My wanderlust setup is getting there thanks to your help but there are
> a few things I've yet to work out. The most important is how do you
> disable folder scanning at applcation start? It's taking far too long
> and I don't need it to be done.

what I do is set wl-plugged to nil initially in my .emacs:

 (setq wl-plugged nil)

so the scanning isn't done.  once wl is loaded, and if I'm connected
to the 'net, I set it to plugged using M-t (from within WL).

> Secondly is it possible to represent IMAP folders as a hierachy? I

can't help you here, sorry.

> Thirdly, is there an easy way to add signatures. The methods I've
> found so far are ridiculously complicated.

C-c C-x C-s  will insert the contents of the .signature file by
default.  This isn't automated, of course, but it's what I want as I
only add my signature to those messages that require it (e.g. my
colleagues/friends already know my details so why clutter up emails
with such?).

HTH,
eric