Re: Wanderlust beginner part 2

At Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:35:40 +0100,
Simon Brown wrote:

> My wanderlust setup is getting there thanks to your help but there
> are a few things I've yet to work out. The most important is how do
> you disable folder scanning at applcation start? It's taking far too
> long and I don't need it to be done.

I think there's a variable you can set, but I can't remember which
one. Try browsing:

http://www.gohome.org/wl/doc/wl_205.html#SEC205

> Secondly is it possible to represent IMAP folders as a hierachy? I
> have folders for archiving things on the IMAP server (%/) which I'd
> like to be able to open and close as and when I want to see the
> contents. Like what happens with the threading code. At the moment I'm
> just getting a flat list.

Use this syntax in .folders:

folder_name{
  folder definition
  folder definition
  sub_folder_name{
    folder definition
    folder definition
  }
}

> Thirdly, is there an easy way to add signatures. The methods I've
> found so far are ridiculously complicated.

You can insert your ~/.signature file in wl-draft-mode with C-c C-w.
--
Richard Lewis