Re: A couple of very noob questions

Hi,
My replies below

> at the oldest message. To remedy
> this I can use the command wl-summary-sort-by-date in the minibuffer and
> that fixes it by moving the cursor to the newest message chronologically
> (note that the ordering of messages itself doesn't change since they're
> already sorted by date). however,  putting (setq wl-summary-sort-by-date t)
> in my .wl doesn't do anything.  Any advice on how to fix this?

I don't seem to have this variable defined?  What version of WL are
you using?  And what version of Emacs?

I'm using WL 2.15.6 on Emacs 23.1.50.1 on Ubuntu Karmic as well as WL 2.14.1 on
Carbon Emacs 22.3.1 on Snow Leopard
I can use  M-x wl-summary-sort-by-date in both

By the way, to sort from Summary view, simply type "S RET" (for date)

Yes, and that's what I do. But I'd like to save myself a keystroke so that the cursor
is already at the latest message. that's why I'm trying to find a way to essentially have
the S-RET done automatically by .wl when I enter summary view

> 2. When I reply to a message (with 'a'),  my frame splits into three (from
> two): a) the summary b) the message i'm replying to and c) my draft. I'd
> like it if I could only have a) and c) but without opening another frame.
> not sure if i'm being clear, but I just want one half of the frame to be
> summary view and one half to be the draft.

I cannot help you; I have simply got into the habit of immediately
hitting "C-x 1" after "a"...

Thanks. BTW I  just noticed that if I press j (so i jump to the message) and then 'a', the new draft message starts
maximized on the frame ...

Thanks!

SS

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D