Re: Auto plugged off?

At Sat, 26 Jun 2010 17:32:33 -0400,
Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> Thank you for the M-t M-t trick; I'd been wondering how to get wl to
> retry a failed connection.  However, even when elmo-imap4-debug is
> set before the connection is attempted I get no debug buffer.  I
> assume this means that whatever goes wrong does so before the IMAP
> session starts.  Is there any way of getting debug output for the ssl
> connection attempt?

Hi Ian -

I do not know of a way to get debug information before the connection.

I have no real insight. The only things I can think of are pretty
trivial. Is openssl in you exec-path variable? Do you really have a
trailing slash in your folder definition, which is not needed? But if
other SSL server works, it seems that fastmail would.

Here is the actual command my WL uses to connect via SSL; maybe there
is a cert problem? (Though I think it should connect anyhow.)

  /usr/bin/openssl s_client -quiet -host <host> -port <port> -verify 3 -CApath /etc/ssl/certs

Check you ssl-program-name and ssl-program-arguments; do they make
sense?

Sorry, this isn’t much help. It is strange that it would work with
other servers.

best, Erik