Re: Search folders

At Thu, 01 Jul 2010 22:08:12 +0200,
David Maus wrote:
Hi David,

> 1/ I use namazu to index almost everything on my local computer: Email
> archives (personal and some mailing list archives), digital documents
> (essays, articles, books, rfcs, personal) and website mirrors.
>
> The main benefit of using namazu is to have a single interface[1] to
> query for information, in case I need to.  The indices are kept up to
> date by a simple script, run as cronjob every night.
>
> ,----[ update-namazu ]
> | #!/bin/zsh
> | ##
> | ## Update namazu search indices
> | ##
> |
> | CONTENT=(
> |     "/home/dmaus/mail"
> |     "/home/dmaus/docs"
> |     "/mnt/documents/rfcs"
> |     "/mnt/documents/bucket"
> |     "/mnt/documents/mirror"
> |     "/mnt/documents/studium"
> |     "/mnt/documents/zotero")
> |
> | for c in $CONTENT
> | do
> |     idx="${c:h}/.namazu_${c:t}_index"
> |     [[ ! -e "$idx" ]] && mkdir "$idx"
> |     echo "Update index for ${c}, ${idx}"
> |     mknmz -O "$idx" "$c" # 1>/dev/null
> | done
> `----
>
> 2/ I do not, however, index .elmo/cache -- messages that pour in my
> inbox and contain meaningful information are referenced by storing an
> entry with Org mode[2].  Namazu comes into play when I have to search
> the archive.  Either because I want to retrieve new information or
> because a reference I had stored using Org mode is broken[3].
>
> >Then once the index has been created how do you actually search using
> >it. "m a" every time?
>
> To search from inside WL I use g - goto folder, but most of the time I
> use namazu.el (M-x namazu).

A few questions I use ubuntu and the namazu package Doesn't seem to
index maildirs. There is a second package called nmzmail that does
that. I'm guessing it's just a wrapper. am I missing some options to
get namazu to descend into the new cur tmp folders?

After adding the namazu indexes to the index alist I can search with
M-x namazu. Is it possible to link the results back so that an email
will open in WL rather than as simple text?

I use the org-wl integration, it's brilliant, thanks.

Simon