Re: Several notification problems

Lau B. Jensen wrote:
> To start Wanderlust I call M-x mail, which then sets up the polling for each
> folder. Usually (although a bit undeterministic), this will work the first time
> I get a new email - The email icon will light up in yellow on the global modeline
> and once I go read that email, it will go back to normal upon the next update.

> But there are several problems:
>   1) This doesnt always happen
>   2) This never works the 2.nd time I get a new email - then I wont be notified

There is currently a bug in WL that under some circumstances
(i.e. server implementations) renders biff to be unreliable for IMAP
folders if you check more than one folder via biff.[1] The symptoms
you describe fit perfectly: The gist of the bug is, that biff does not
report new messages because the server didn't because WL issued an
IMAP command in away that is explicitly forbidden.

A fix for this bug is under development but requires some larger
modifications of WL what means that there is no quick solution here.
At least the fix is almost done so chances are good that this issue
will solved soon.

HTH,
  -- David

[1] http://lists.airs.net/wl-en/archive/201007/msg00028.html