search: namazu, mairix, org

Hi,

After a few months of really loving wanderlust I think I should
probably really set up some kind of indexed searching.  Though my
manual only mentions namazu as a search engine I think I've seen
somewhere that wl also supports mairix -- is that true?  And do people
have suggestions as to why one would use one or the other?  And
finally -- I should be able to find this in the archives but I'm very
tired -- do David M's recent improvements to the org-mode integration
code allow one to use either engine?

I guess I'm asking because a number of years ago, when I last  tried
this sort of thing with mutt, namazu seemed difficult to set up, while
mairix worked pretty well for me.  But as I say that was quite some
time ago.

Thanks as always,
Matt

ps -- I think I've also left a couple of earlier threads hanging --
thanks to everyone who helped me earlier, apologies for not following
up, things have been crazy here.