Re: Sent folders and broken maildirs

>>> each of the following needs to be true for WL to display To:...
>>>   (eq major-mode 'wl-summary-mode)
>>>   (stringp wl-summary-showto-folder-regexp)
>>>   (string-match wl-summary-showto-folder-regexp
>>>     (wl-summary-buffer-folder-name))
>> 0 (#o0, #x0)
>> both have the value "+sent"
>>>   (wl-address-user-mail-address-p from)
>> the last returns all my email addresses, not t
>> ("randy@psg.com" "randy@iij.ad.jp" "randy@iijlab.net")
>
> If your wl-summary-from-function is set to wl-summary-default-from and
> those 4 conditions above are true and wl-summary-get-petname-function
> doesn’t mangle the address, I’m afraid I am at a total loss, sorry.

; but show recipient if in sent folder
(setq wl-summary-from-function 'wl-summary-default-from)
(setq wl-summary-get-petname-function 'bbdb-wl-get-petname)
(setq wl-summary-showto-folder-regexp "+sent")

> Here is what happens when the %f part of a summary is being generated;
> there isn’t all that much happening.
>
> 1. wl-summary-line-from is called.
> 2. wl-summary-line-from calls the function referenced in the variable
>    wl-summary-from-function
> 3. [if the value of wl-summary-from-function was wl-summary-default-from]
>    If (and (eq major-mode 'wl-summary-mode)
>            (stringp wl-summary-showto-folder-regexp)
>            (string-match wl-summary-showto-folder-regexp
>              (wl-summary-buffer-folder-name))
>            (wl-address-user-mail-address-p from))
>    then: if a Newsgroups: header is present, it is used else the To: header is used
>    else: the From: header is used
> 4. If wl-use-petname is not nil, the address obtained in (3) is evaluated like this:
>    (or (funcall wl-summary-get-petname-function string)
>        (car (std11-extract-address-components string))
>        string)
>
> I can’t see anywhere else for this to go wrong.

you vastly understimate my talents.  among other things, i am not cvs
current, as i have not found a simple macosx cvs or svn fetch/install
for macosx.  it's the dependencies which killed me.

randy