Re: wl-dispose-folder-alist regexes

At Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:24:57 +0100,
Richard Lewis wrote:
> OK, thanks. I was actually deliberately avoiding the brackets as I
> assumed brackets in regexes are for capturing, and I'm not capturing
> anything here.

Hi Richard,

( and ) group alternatives in addition to capturing. You want to group
your alternatives after the prefix (^%) which you always want to match
(at least I think you always want to match that). Otherwise the prefix
^% will only be part of the first alternative. If you capture as a
side effect that is OK.

You could also use:

  "^%system\\|^%junk\\|^%spam"

if you *really* don’t want to capture. :)

best, Erik