Re: [noob] From: line config + thanks for a great client!

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:56:11 +0800, dlm <jamshark70@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:11:20 -0600,
> Eric Larson wrote:
> > Here is a blog post that I found helpful when first starting with wl:
> >
> >  http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html
>
> Oh yes, I did see that in some google search lists. blogspot.com is not available to me here in China, so unfortunately that page won't help me. (Proxies exist for Windows, but they're written by hackers and are a good way to get viruses. A free one I've used in the past seems like it's now blocked too.)
>
> I did have another question. This is in my .emacs:
>
> (setq wl-message-id-domain "smtp.gmail.com")
>
> But I still get the warning window saying that I need to set the variable. Looks like I did it right, but wl doesn't recognize it anyway. (I'm starting wl by M-x wl, so Emacs should have processed .emacs completely before launching wl.)

The error message isn't meaningful in this case - I think you need to
set your email address, and it is probably user-mail-address that
needs to be set.

Try setting all of these, and let us know if it fixes your problems:

(setq user-full-name "dlm")
(setq wl-local-domain "gmail.com")
(setq user-mail-address "jamshark70@gmail.com")
(setq wl-from (concat user-full-name " <" user-mail-address ">"))

I don't think this is needed, but it might also help:
(setq wl-user-mail-address-list ("jamshark70@gmail.com"))

Cheers,
Jonathan
--