Re: slow to load & to replug on resume

Matt Price wrote:

>hi folks,

>to fix an earlier bug I have a suspend hook in pm-utils that unplugs
>wanderlust on hibernate or suspend.  This is great as emacs now no
>longer hangs when I suspend and lose a wireless connectoin.

>However, now I really notice just how long it takes for wl to plug
>back in.  It's slow enough that I can actually start up evolution and
>have my messages ready for viewing in that program before the spinning
>wheel turns back into a mouse pointer above my emacs frame.  This is
>with wl running inside emacs23 (23.1+1-4ubuntu7) using debian sid
>packages for wl-beta, semi, and flim, under ubuntu lucid.  I spend
>most of my time inside an IMAP folder, which I suppose may also make
>some difference.

>wl is also pretty unresponsive when first loading -- I get this
>message:

>and then wait for some time -- certainly at least 30 seconds -- before
>I can use emacs again.

>so, some questions:
>- are these slowdowns likely related?
>- does anyone else experience them?
>- is there anything I can do to fix them?

I've never experienced a 30 seconds unresponsiveness when opening my
folders.  Three or four, after my provide cut the DSL but never more.
I am not sure how to debug this: One thing would rule out a slow
network/server by setqing elmo-imap4-debug to t, open the mailbox and
then look at the timestamps in the *IMAP4 DEBUG* buffer.

Is it just this particular IMAP folder?

Best,
  -- David
--