Re: Customizable elmo-use-database?

At Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:31:38 -0400,
David Abrahams wrote:

> In the Summary docs, I find:
>
> `M-j'
>      Jump cursor to the message which have specified `Message-Id:'.  If
>      `elmo-use-database' is non-nil, other folder is also searched.
>      (`wl-summary-jump-to-msg-by-message-id')
>
> Doesn't that elmo-use-database exactly the kind of thing that should
> be customizable?

elmo-use-database depends on the existence of Xemacs, I believe; at
least it needs a BerkeleyDB as part of Emacs.

As an aside, have others used elmo-database? The implementation is
very small, and could probably be replaced by an external program.
Would this provide a significant speed up of any functionality?

best, Erik Hetzner