Re: How do i change Wanderlust's layout?

At Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:00:23 -0500,
Justin Illusion wrote:

> Hello,
>
>           I'm using emacs 23 and i've been chasing my tail for two days...
>
> Custom Variable are supposed to be entered into .wl or .emacs? Editing
> either file has made any visible changes for me:
>
> Entering (setq wl-stay-folder-window ""); This should create a seperate
> frame for folders like the image on this page (
> http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html)?

Use .wl, but .emacs would also work. .wl is only read upon starting
WL. You want:

  (setq wl-stay-folder-window t)
                                ^

Move cursor to the location indicated by the caret (^) above, then use
C-x C-e to evaluate the statement. This way you can load the change
without restarting emacs or WL.

> I used this article, http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html, to get started
> with Wanderlust; it only discussed .folders and .emacs, however, this
> article (http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.htm)
> uses .wl and .folders.

See above, my preference is to use .wl. I have never heard a good
reason to edit your .folders file by hand.

> Also, which file to I edit to get rid of this warning:
>
> Warning (elmo): Please set `wl-message-id-domain' to get valid Message-ID
> string.

  (setq wl-message-id-domain "example.com")

but you can use gmail to generate your message id:

  (setq wl-insert-message-id nil)

> and is this, (setq wl-from "tma <tma@example.com>"), the correct key to use?

Yes, for setting the from address, but it will not effect the
wl-message-id-domain variable.

best, Erik