Re: 3000 Sent Mail messages that weren't there 2 hours ago

At Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:42:19 +0800,
James Harkins wrote:

> Little bit of something odd just now. I made a filter folder, which
> worked beautifully. But then, when I tried to go back to the folder
> that was the source for the filter folder -- %[Gmail]/Sent Mail --
> it forced me to update some 3000 messages... huh?
>
> Resuming thread structure...done
> Selecting %[Gmail]/Sent Mail...done
> Checking folder diff...
> Waiting for IMAP response...done
> Checking folder diff...done
> Too many messages(2982) in %[Gmail]/Sent Mail.  Update all? (y or n)
>
> "Updated (-0/+3208) message(s)." Now that seems a bit unnecessary.
>
> I'm unclear what could have happened. Did the Sent Mail folder get
> corrupted by filtering it (so that wl thought it didn't have all the
> messages)? Or did Gmail unarchive some sent messages that I had
> archived previously?
>
> Just trying to brainstorm. I had opened Sent Mail earlier in the day
> and it didn't do that. Certainly I didn't send 3000 messages in the
> last couple of hours :)

recall correctly) cause problems like this. You might try making them
sticky instead (that is, either call wl-summary-stick in the summary
buffers, or enter them with C-u <RET> from the Folder buffer).

best, Erik