6-digit message number hack, still needed?

Rats... I thought I had bookmarked the link, but it seems I've lost it. Anyway, I read on some wl-related page about a tweak in ~/.emacs to allow a six digit message index in a folder. My gmail inbox is at 99110 and I should crack 100000 possibly within the week.

Oh wait, here it is:

http://wiki.gohome.org/wl/?Configuration#l3

~~~
When the message number exceeds 5 digits, the appearance in the Summay buffer becomes funny.

Set up as follows [Wanderlust(ja):13463];

 (setq wl-summary-number-column-alist
    (append '(("^%inbox$" . 6))
               wl-summary-number-column-alist))
~~~

Since this is the gohome.org faq and wl information on that site seems to be woefully out of date -- my question is -- is this required in more recent versions?

Thanks --
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world