Re: 6-digit message number hack, still needed?

At Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:18:21 +0800,
James Harkins wrote:

> Rats... I thought I had bookmarked the link, but it seems I've lost it. Anyway, I read on some wl-related page about a tweak in ~/.emacs to allow a six digit message index in a folder. My gmail inbox is at 99110 and I should crack 100000 possibly within the week.
>
> Oh wait, here it is:
>
> http://wiki.gohome.org/wl/?Configuration#l3
>
> ~~~
> When the message number exceeds 5 digits, the appearance in the Summay buffer becomes funny.
>
> Set up as follows [Wanderlust(ja):13463];
>
>  (setq wl-summary-number-column-alist
>     (append '(("^%inbox$" . 6))
>                wl-summary-number-column-alist))
> ~~~
>
> Since this is the gohome.org faq and wl information on that site
> seems to be woefully out of date -- my question is -- is this
> required in more recent versions?

Yes, it is still required. Check C-h v wl-summary-line-format RET

wl-summary-line-format is a variable defined in `wl-vars.el'.
Its value is
"%P %Y-%M-%D %6S %t[%20(%c %f%)%] %50s %#"

Documentation:
*A default format string for summary line of Wanderlust.
It may include any of the following format specifications
which are replaced by the given information:

%n The number of the message.
   The width is decided using `wl-summary-default-number-column' and
   `wl-summary-number-column-alist'.

Best,
  -- David
--