Re: wanderlust can't post messages on gmail

Update: I can't send mail with smtpmail-send-it either,

I get this message in the smtpmail debugging buffer:

Cannot connect to smtp.gmail.com:587: Connection refused
Resolving 'smtp.gmail.com'...
Connecting to '209.85.143.109:587'...

Process SMTP exited abnormally with code 1

This is in response to an Emacs started with the following code, then
C-x m bla bla C-c C-c.

This should work, right?

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
      message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
      smtpmail-starttls-credentials
      '(("smtp.gmail.com" 587 nil nil))
      smtpmail-auth-credentials
      (expand-file-name "~/.authinfo")
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com"
      smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com"
      smtpmail-smtp-service 587
      smtpmail-debug-info t)
(require 'smtpmail)