How to poll imap server periodically?

Hi,

I have been playing with WL for about a day now (am trying to switch
from mutt).  I am looking for a way for WL to refresh its folder view
with new mail, etc automatically.  I looked through wl-vars.el, but I
couldn't identify anything obvious.  Hitting s on the Desktop folder
every so often works, but I am hoping there is an automated way to do
this.  Also, while its fetching mail, emacs seems to hang, is this
normal?  I do have wl-folder-check-async set to t.

Thanks for any pointers.

Aravind.