Re: searching with wanderlust, mu

Hi,

  > On Apr 5, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

  >> At Sat, 02 Apr 2011 09:56:07 +0300,
  >> Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
  >>>
  >>> Maybe interesting: someone figured out how to integrate the mu e-mail search
  >>> engine with Wanderlust; I blogged about it [1]. Also, I wrote 'mu'.
  >>
  >> mu looks cool!  Does it work with Gnus also?

mu does not directly support gnus at this moment. It shouldn't be too hard to
add I suppose (using the 'old method') in the blog post; all that's needed is
for gnus to visit a named Maildir (and resyncing the contents when doing so).

It might also be possible to adapt of the mairix scripts for gnus for this.

  > Mu is really great. Mug works really well even if you're not in
  > Emacs. There have been times the wl searching just wasn't cutting it but I
  > could still find and read what I needed to using Mug.

That's nice to hear - it's just a like hack though, I'm using mug (and better,
mug2) to develop the components of a more complete GUI step-by-step.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb@djcbsoftware.nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl