Re: slow to load & to replug on resume

Matt Price wrote:
>  On 10-08-11 03:19 PM, David Maus wrote:
>> Matt Price wrote:
>>

>>> so, some questions:
>>> - are these slowdowns likely related?
>>> - does anyone else experience them?
>>> - is there anything I can do to fix them?
>> I've never experienced a 30 seconds unresponsiveness when opening my
>> folders.  Three or four, after my provide cut the DSL but never more.
>> I am not sure how to debug this: One thing would rule out a slow
>> network/server by setqing elmo-imap4-debug to t, open the mailbox and
>> then look at the timestamps in the *IMAP4 DEBUG* buffer.
>>
>> Is it just this particular IMAP folder?
>my archive folder can be a little slow too, but it has several thousand
>messages in it.  my inbox has less than 1000 at any one time.

Forgot the standard IT support questions:

 - Was it always this slow?

 - If no: When did it start to become slow and did anything change on
   your system?

And to rule out more general network connection problems: Could you
recreate the situation where WL would take ages to open the IMAP box
and try to connect via commandline/terminal

openssl s_client -connect mailbox126.utcc.utoronto.ca:993

If the IMAP sever prompt appears, just logout using

0x0 LOGOUT

Using the openssl client is not faster, is it?

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6