Re: Use of wl-summary-auto-sync-marks

Hi Erik,

At Tue, 10 May 2011 23:05:30 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> Does anybody have any thoughts? I am not too certain about what
> syncing marks does, or rather when it is necessary, so comments are
> appreciated.

I'm trying to figure out what effect disabling auto-sync-marks would
or might have but cannot reproduce the slowness you are
experiencing. So, a couple of questions:

1/ What exactly is the folder definition?
2/ Which types of folders are involved (IMAP, I guess?)
3/ How many messages are in the folder w/o the filter condition?
4/ If its IMAP: What IMAP server is at the other end?

It might also be helpful to see which function takes most of the
time. If you can reproduce the slowness you might use the Emacs lisp
profiler to gather this information

M-x elp-instrument-package RET wl RET
M-x elp-instrument-package RET elmo RET

If the operation is finished you can get the profiling results with

M-x elp-results RET

Best,
  -- David
--