Re: Somebody needs to (require 'pgg)

> >> I'm getting this backtrace when I view messages with encrypted parts
> >> without first explicitly loading pgg
> >>
> >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable pgg-decrypt-automatically)
> >
> > Theoretically, if you load pgg-def.el while calling
> > wl-draft-preview-message() from wl-draft-send-confirm(),
> > `pgg-decrypt-automatically' is not defined and an error raises when
> > viewing messages with encrypted part.
>
> I have my own workaround for this (which works). I don't want to have to
> modify wl; IMO that should be done upstream, which is why I reported
> this as a bug.

I don't confirm that problem really occurs.  I noticed mime-edit.el
requires pgg-def.el, therefore wl-draft.el may have no problem.

> > Another posibility is that Emacs including pgg-def.el is loaded
> > instead of SEMI including one.  The cause of the problem in this case
> > is that Emacs including pgg-def.el does not define
> > `pgg-decrypt-automatically'.  You can confirm which pgg-def.el is
.> > loaded by M-x list-load-path-shadows.

> Unfortunately it looks like there are many copies of pgg lying around.
>
> /Users/dave/.emacs.d/el-get/nognus/lisp/pgg-def hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/el-get/semi/site-lisp/semi/pgg-def
> /Users/dave/.emacs.d/el-get/nognus/lisp/pgg-def hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-def

Neither Gnus including pgg-def.el define `pgg-decrypt-automatically'.
I think that is the cause of your problem.  It would be better that
the definition of `pgg-decrypt-automatically' is moved to mime-pgp.el.

--
Kazuhiro Ito