Re: Fwd: biff - auto updating summary view

At Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:01:04 +0200,
Jozef Ševčík wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with Wanderlust not updating my summary view.
> When I receive new mail, Folders are updated (i.e. I see '0/1/msgcount') for 'inbox',
> but summary does not show new message until I press 's' (wl-summary-sync).
>
> Here is the relevant part of my .emacs.
> Seems like wl-biff-notify-hook or my-wl-update-current-summaries
> does not work as expected.
>
> (defun my-wl-update-current-summaries ()
>   (let ((buffers (wl-collect-summary)))
>     (while buffers
>       (with-current-buffer (car buffers)
>         (save-excursion
>           (wl-summary-sync-update)))
>       (setq buffers (cdr buffers)))))
>
> (setq
> ; biff
> wl-biff-check-folder-list '("%inbox")
> wl-biff-check-interval 5
> )
>
> (add-hook
>  'wl-biff-notify-hook
>  '(lambda ()
>     (my-wl-update-current-summaries)
>     ))

Is the summary open when biff is triggered? I tried this configuration
and the summary was updated after biff detected new messages but
(obviously) only if it was opened when biff triggered (e.g. M-x wl-
biff-check-folders RET).

But wait...

> When I receive new mail, Folders are updated (i.e. I see '0/1/msgcount') for 'inbox',

The first number indicates new messages, the second unread
messages. Normally a new message increases the first counter --
GoogleMail is known to *not* signal the arrival of new messages but to
simply increase the count of unread messages. Is the account in
question an GoogleMail account or, if not, do you happen to know which
IMAP server is running for this account?

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6