using conkeror from WL to open HTML mail

Dear All,

I would like to open HTML formatted email using conkeror. This is what I
have tried to do:

1. In ~/.mailcap I have the line:

text/html;		 	/home/ramon/bin/conkeror-file %s

2. "conkeror-file" is the following script, that makes appropriate
additions and substitutions so that conkeror will open a file:

*********
#!/bin/bash
# use conkeror to open a file
## a rip off from xdg-open

if (echo "$1" | grep -q '^file://' ||
        ! echo "$1" | egrep -q '^[a-zA-Z+\.\-]+:')
then
    file="$(echo "$1" | sed 's%^file://%%')"

        # handle relative paths
    if ! echo "$file" | grep -q '^/'; then
        file="$(pwd)/$file"
    fi

    conkeror "$file"
fi
*********

I use that script from the shell, and it does work without problem.

However, whenever I try to use this setup from WL, conkeror fails, saying
that the file does not exist. For instance, with a message such as "The
file /tmp/EMI3125967N/Estudio cannot be found. Please check the location
and try again."

In fact, that location does not exist. When using conkeror, for some
reason, the /tmp/whatever is not created.

However, if I use, say, google-chrome or firefox, things do work.

And, if I use conkeror-file with the file opened in, say, firefox, it does
work too.

This puzzles me because I thought it was WL the one who is responsible for
creating the tmp file, but maybe this is not the case? Anyway, what am I
doing wrong?

Thanks,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz

Temporarily at:
Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme
Spanish National Cancer Centre (CNIO)

Phone: +34-91-732-8000 ext. 3019
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972