Re: search: namazu, mairix, org

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 07:51:45 -0400,
Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:
>> I was somehow surveying for a mechanism that would let me globally
>> search with namazu or mairix (extremely fast) but before generating
>> the matching list of messages select only those coming from a certain
>> given folder.

> i go to the folder, search with wl-summary-pick, and then step through
> the marked messages with N

the problem I have with going to a folder is that some folders have
thousands of messages and now and then just going to the folder will
block for a couple of minutes before wl finishes updating. I thought
that a work around was to filter with namazu/mairix and then visit the
filtered folder, avoiding a direct visit and eventually the annoying
waiting time.

I wonder if there is something wrong with my settings that make those
updates so slow, it is really not usable at times; that's why I
thought that I should stop visiting any folder and search instead. Do
you go often to big folders?

thanks,
 Rodrigo

ps: it was on 2011-04-02 that I did posted a help for slow folder
updates (subject: how to avoid or optimize slow folder updates.)
wl-summary-always-sticky-folder-list is indeed true in my
configuration, therefore, that hint did not really help me.