Attachments not attaching

Hello

Sorry about the last send. It unfortunately demonstrated the problem as oppose to explain it.
I'm sending the message via web gmail.

Hoping someone can help me on this issue.
I'm very happy with Wanderlust thus far but have come across a problem.
I can't seem to attach files to an email.  I've tried with a pdf file and a jpg file and get the same results. The message, when it arrives, have a '0' byte attachment of the right name etc but of course, its 0 bytes.
Here's what I do with a jpg file for example:
C-c C-x TAB which prompts me for a file. I name the file and then am prompted for: image RET jpeg RET and base24 RET.
The imagemagick opens on the file I want to attach.  Don't know what to do at this point so I close the program.
In the body of my email is added:
--[[image/jpeg
Note the 'inline' disposition.  The image is not added inline.
When I send this message out, it arrives with a '0' byte file named correctly. If I want to 'v' the file, gimp open and fails on the file because it is 0 bytes.
I get the same sequence if I change the "inline" to "attachment".

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm running wl-beta with emacs 23.3 on the latest ubuntu box.

Thank you
Marc