Re: A problwm with the folder mode

At Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:04:00 +0200,
David Maus wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> At Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:51:52 +0200 (CEST),
> Andreas Davour wrote:

> > > At which stage does Emacs start to hang?
> > >
> > > You might get a better impression on where Emacs hangs by turning on
> > > `debug-on-quit'.
> > >
> > > M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET
> > >
> > > Pressing C-g should pop up debug buffer with a backtrace that shows
> > > where Emacs was idling around.
> >
> > This is the output from emacs (sorry if this is posted multiple times. I
> > get odd errors on send.)

Thanks for your feedback David!

> Hm. Looks like Emacs is waiting for the IMAP server to return
> something. We might get a clearer picture if you run WL
> uncompiled. E.g. issue
>
> make clean
>
> In the WL installation folder and re-run the backtrace.

I did. The output can be seen at http://pastebin.com/59JYTzPQ

Still looks messy to me.

> Another possibilty: The network connection got stale. A way to force
> WL to re-create a new network connection after a customizable period
> of time is setting `elmo-network-session-idle-timeout'.

Sounds unlikely since it happens even if it's the first thing I do
after starting wl and all other operations like visting folders and
opening messages are happening, and without delay.

> And last not least: If this problem still persists enable IMAP
> debugging
>
> M-: (setq elmo-imap4-debug t)
>
> Maybe the server is hanging.
>
> I tried to create folders via folder manager and it worked fine on a
> remote Courier IMAP server.

That did create some output, but it was quite uninformative:

[15:19:42] <- elmo-imap483 check
[15:19:42] -> elmo-imap483 OK Completed
*elmo-imap483* OK arrived

/andreas